Can't find it?
- read this -
The Geological Society of America publishes a wide range of peer-reviewed scholarly works in the form of journals, books, field guides, maps, and charts. The GSA Bookstore also carries educational materials, plus a variety of field tools.
Browse categories at left.
Bookstore Help Page
Terms and Conditions
- All prices shown in our Web Catalog are NET. The appropriate GSA-member discounts are already calculated into the prices, and are explained where prices are shown. The nonmember price applies to all other individuals and organizations.
- From within the U.S. call our toll-free order line: +1-888-443-4472; others please use our regular line: +1-303-357-1000, or fax 303-357-1071. Our Publication Sales desk is open weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., mountain time. Our Web ordering system is now operative, and you can place credit-card orders safely via our secure Web server. You can add items to your shopping basket, check the status of your order, delete items, change quantities, and when you're finished, just click the "Checkout" link on any page.
We also provide a printable order form that you can fill out, print, and mail or fax to us. This form is in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please be sure to include full purchaser and shipping information; credit card name, number, and expiration date; and please give us a contact phone or fax number for use during business hours.
- Pre-payment is required; funds must be in U.S. dollars payable on a U.S. bank. We accept checks, international money orders, and most major credit cards (AMEX, VISA, MC, DISCOVER, and other versions of VISA/MC, such as Barclay's).
- A $5 fee will be charged for shipping & handling. If you prefer to have your order shipped by a faster service (air mail, air parcel post, air printed matter), at an additional charge, contact GSA Sales and Service for a price quote.
- Tax on Colorado Orders
- If you live in Boulder, please apply 7.46% tax; others in the Denver metropolitan area apply 3.8%; for all other Colorado locations, apply 3% state tax.
- Return Policy
- Damaged or defective items may be returned for replacement at no charge. Please e-mail GSA Sales and Service or call 1-888-443-4472, for a return-authority number.
- Normally GSA does not accept returns for other reasons. If you feel an exception should be made, please e-mail GSA Sales and Service or call 1-888-443-4472. Tell us the items you want to return, and why. If a return is permitted, you will be given a return-authority number; a restocking fee of 20% of the sale price is normally charged, and you will be responsible for return freight.
- All returns should be packed securely, and addressed to: GSA Mailroom at the address below. All returns must include a letter of explanation, including the return-authority number given to you, and your full name, address, and a daytime telephone or fax. The return-authority number should also be printed plainly on the label (ex: Return 12345, GSA Mailroom, 3300 Penrose Place, PO BOX 9140, Boulder, CO 80301-9140 USA). Items returned without a return-authority number will not be accepted.
- Classroom Discount
- Orders for six or more copies of the same publication for classroom use are eligible for our 25% educational discount.
- Gift Certificates
- Attractive gift certificates may be purchased in amounts of $25 or more. Contact GSA Sales and Service for details (1-888-443-4472) or (303) 447-2020.
- Standing Orders
- Enter your standing order for any or all of GSA's publication series and we'll ship you every new title published in the series of your choice after your order is entered, until you cancel. Cancel at any time after one year. Under this plan, GSA Members receive a 25% discount, others 15%. For additional information call GSA Sales and Service or email@example.com.
- Out of Print Titles
- Follow this link for more information on how to find out-of-print titles, including information on the Books on Demand Program of ProQuest ( formerly UMI).
return to top
Shipping and Handling
Prices shown on our Web Bookstore do not include shipping and handling for surface shipping. Please add $5 for shipping. If you prefer to have your order shipped by a faster service (air mail, air parcel post, air printed matter), at an additional charge, contact GSA Sales & Service for a price quote.
"Surface shipping" may include the United States Postal Service or UPS. Note that we ship to Canada via the U.S. Postal service. Canadians may choose a special service but you must place your order by phone for that option (call GSA Sales and Service at +1-888-443-4472 [toll free], or +1-303-357-1000, option 3).
Note that orders going outside the continental U.S. usually move by ship, and may take 4-8 weeks to arrive.
return to top
Finding Out-Of-Print GSA Publications
Many out-of-print books might be found in GSA's online publications (including Special Papers, Memoirs, Reviews in Engineering Geology, and Field Guides). To locate the book online, please visit www.gsapubs.org.
If you cannot find a particular book in GSA Online Publications, use these tips when looking for out-of-print publications. It helps if you have the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) or, for older books, the LOC (Library of Congress catalog number). If you are searching for an out-of-print GSA book and do not have either of those references, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, giving: title, or as much of it as you know ... senior author ... and the year you think it was published. We will search our database and send you the necessary information.
The GSA search page will help you locate articles from our journals and abstracts archive. You can also search in-print books through the bookstore search or the in-depth GoogleBooks search (also in the bookstore sidebar).
return to top