Welcome to EEGD
The Engineering Geology Division of GSA is the oldest engineering geology organization in the United States. We are the only GSA division to have our own publications series and we support state of the art presentations at our meetings. Since engineering geologists use knowledge within all fields of geology in their application of our science to benefit society, we are truly the interdisciplinary division.
- EEGD is pleased to announce that we will be having a Student
Awards Competition at GSA 2014. Please submit your abstracts to
Session T98. Environmental and Engineering Geology Student Research
Completition at the GSA meeting website. Abstracts are due on Tuesday, July 29th, 2014.
is launching the Environmental and Engineering Geology Community
through the GSA website. The purpose of this initiative is to
facilitate inter-division communications and encourage collaboration
between members. Please visit the new community website and contribute!
submission is now open for the Annual GSA Conference in Vancouver,
19-22 October 2014 . Abstract are due on Tuesday, July 29th,
2014. Submit your abstract and find more information at the GSA meeting website.
- EEGD is seeking nominations for the following awards (deadlines are in parentheses):
- Richard H Jahns Distinguished Lecturer (28 February 2015)
- E.B. Bruwell Jr. Award (1 February 2015)
- Distinguished Practice Award (28 February 2015)
- Meritorious Service Award (28 February 2015)
- Roy J. Shlemon Student Scholarship Award (15 March 2015)
- Congratulations to the 2014 EEGD Award Winners:
- Jahns Lecturer - Eldon Gath
- Distinguished Practice - Lew Rosenberg
- Meritorious Service - Jim McCalpin
- E.B. Burwell Award - Turner, A.K. and Schuster, R.L., 2012, Rockfall; Characterization and Control: Transportation Research Board, Miscellaneous Publication, National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 658 p. plus DVD-ROM
- Shlemon Scholarship Awards - Sarah Lindsay Poluga (Kent State University), Ethan Faber (Colorado School of Mines), Na-Hyun Jung (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee), John Wall (North Carolina State University).
- Congratulations to newly elected 2013-2014 EEGD Management Board:
- Chair - Dennis Staley (USGS)
- Vice-Chair - Bill Burns (Oregon DOGAMI)
- Secretary - Matthew Crawford (Kentucky Geological Survey)
- Member-at-Large - Thad Wasklewicz (East Carolina University)
- Thanks to our outgoing Chair, Norm Levine (College of
Charleston) for his dedication to the division over the past four years!
- In light of the popularity of the offer, EEGD is continuing to offer FREE MEMBERSHIP IN EEGD for students. Visit the GSA Membership website to register now!!!
- ATTENTION STUDENTS - Please check the awards
page for information on the Roy J. Shlemon Scholarship Fund.
This fund consists of two awards, the Roy J. Shlemon Scholarship Award,
which supports Doctoral and Masters level Research, and the Roy J. Shlemon Meeting Award,
which helps defray the costs of of meeting attendance for both graduate
and undergraduate students. Meeting award applications are
due three months prior to the conference you plan on attending.
- The Environmental and Engineering Geology Division is seeking a volunteer(s) to edit our Newsletter and webpage. Please contact Dennis Staley (email@example.com) if you are interested.
21 October 2013:
23 January 2013:
- The January 2013 edition of The Engineering Geologist, the official newsletter of EEGD is now available online.
Upcoming GSA and EEGD Events and Deadlines