Welcome to EEGD
The Engineering Geology Division of GSA is the oldest engineering geology organization in the United States. We are the only GSA division to have our own publications series and we support state of the art presentations at our meetings. Since engineering geologists use knowledge within all fields of geology in their application of our science to benefit society, we are truly the interdisciplinary division.
- The Deadline to submit session proposals
for the 2014 GSA Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada is 14 January 2014. Visit
the GSA Annual Meeting Website for
- The Deadline to submit field trip proposals for
the 2014 GSA Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada is 3 February 2014. Visit the GSA Annual Meeting Website for
- EEGD is seeking nominations for the following awards (deadlines are in parentheses):
- Richard H Jahns Distinguished Lecturer (28 February 2014)
- E.B. Bruwell Jr. Award (1 February 2014)
- Distinguished Practice Award (28 February 2014)
- Meritorious Service Award (28 February 2014)
- Roy J. Shlemon Student Scholarship Award (15 March 2014)
- Congratulations to the 2013 EEGD Award Winners:
- Jahns Lecturer - Greg Hempen
- Distinguished Practice - Susan Cannon
- Meritorious Service - Bill Schulz
- E.B. Burwell Award - Luis Gonzales de Vallejo and Mercedes Ferrer
- Shlemon Scholarship Awards - Chelsea Windus, Matthew
Waugh and Ian Donovan
- Congratulations to newly elected 2013-2014 EEGD Management Board:
- Chair - Dennis Staley (USGS)
- Vice-Chair - Bill Burns (Oregon DOGAMI)
- Secretary - Matthew Crawford (Kentucky Geological Survey)
- Member-at-Large - Thad Wasklewicz (East Carolina University)
- Thanks to our outgoing Chair, Norm Levine (College of
Charleston) for his dedication to the division over the past four years!
- In light of the popularity of the offer, EEGD is continuing to offer FREE MEMBERSHIP IN EEGD for students. Visit the GSA Membership website to register now!!!
- ATTENTION STUDENTS - Please check the awards
page for information on the Roy J. Shlemon Scholarship Fund.
This fund consists of two awards, the Roy J. Shlemon Scholarship Award,
which supports Doctoral and Masters level Research, and the Roy J. Shlemon Meeting Award,
which helps defray the costs of of meeting attendance for both graduate
and undergraduate students. Meeting award applications are
due three months prior to the conference you plan on attending.
- The Environmental and Engineering Geology Division is seeking a volunteer(s) to edit our Newsletter and webpage. Please contact Dennis Staley (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
21 October 2013:
23 January 2013:
- The January 2013 edition of The Engineering Geologist, the official newsletter of EEGD is now available online.
Upcoming GSA and EEGD Events and Deadlines